Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Wow! What a jerky kid.



Six months have passed since I wrote my last blog entry. Even though I love to write, I haven’t felt like it lately. But, we are doing this challenge in our church lifegroup and we are supposed to share something about ourselves. I figured I could share my blog.

I started to write about a serious topic that has been weighing on my heart, but I decided to do something fun instead. I am going to share trivia about myself. Most of it shows what a stupid, adventurous kid I was.

·         I love to write and I have considered writing a book about my messed up, dysfunctional childhood.

·         I lived in the Hood on the eastside of Indianapolis up to the age of nine. All of the following adventures happened during that time.

·         When I was about eight years old, I was arrested for riding a Green Machine on Washington Street. I had to go to traffic court.

·         One time, my friend, Mary McKinney and I walked around the Hood in our skivvies with pantyhose up to our chins.

·         I got in a fight with a girl named “Angel” once. I flattened a soda can and went after her with it. I don’t remember winning, but I don’t remember losing either. Maybe it was a draw. I don’t know.

·         My friends and I used to walk to the women’s prison on Michigan Street, stand at the fence and yell at the inmates.

·         There are railroad tracks behind Willard Park where I used lived. One time when I went exploring, I wore red rubber boots without shoes inside. I stepped on a nail and had to get a tetanus shot.

·         I locked myself in a bathroom once. I climbed up on the sink to reach the high window to call for help. I slipped and sliced my finger to the bone on a broken mirror that was in the window. I didn’t get stitches and I have a beauty of a scar.

·         One Halloween, a bat got stuck in our apartment. Someone chased it out with a broom.

·         When I was about seven or so, I ran away from home and headed downtown. I made it to the intersection of Southeastern and Washington Street, but I couldn’t find a bathroom. I had an accident and went home.

Come to think of it, I was pretty much a jerk!  Here's a picture of me right after I was pulled from the Hood. I look deceptively innocent, huh?

1 comment:

  1. You say jerky, I say adventurous! Loved learning some new things about you!
    -your favorite daughter ;)

    ReplyDelete